Follow us... Facebook Twitter Flickr


We realise you might have some questions about Love Your Hut insurance.

You will receive a Policy Summary with your quote but here are the answers to some Frequently Asked Questions.

General Questions

Q. What is Love Your Hut?

A. Love Your Hut is a policy and service designed especially for owners of beach huts, beach chalets and shepherd’s huts.

Q. Who is the insurer?

A. Love Your Hut is underwritten by Ageas Insurance Limited (No. 354568) Registered in England and Wales at Ageas House, Hampshire Corporate Park, Templars Way, Eastleigh, Hampshire SO53 3YA. Ageas Insurance Limited (Register number 202039) are authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.

Q. Does the Love Your Hut policy have an administration fee?

A. Details of the Customer Service Charge are in our Terms of Business.

Q. How do I make a Claim?

A. Love Your Hut is supported by a dedicated claims team who will take every care to ensure your claim is handled quickly and fairly. To make a claim under your Love Your Hut policy, please contact us.

Q. How do I calculate the sum insured of my hut?

A. A local contractor or manufacturer would be the best person to provide you with a rebuilding sum insured. Love Your Hut insurance is based on the amount it would cost to rebuild your hut or beach chalet including any professional fees, demolition and site clearance. Don’t forget to include fixtures and fitting plus VAT in your calculations. Your calculation should not be based on the market value.

Q. Can I cover the contents of my hut or beach chalet?

A. Yes. During the beach hut quote process you will be asked to provide a sum insured for your contents so we fully understand your risk. However, Love Your Hut beach hut insurance automatically provides up to 20% of the building sum insured for your contents or you can tailor the policy to the sum insured you require.

Contents cover is also available for beach chalets and shepherd’s huts. Our consultant will discuss the amount of cover you need when providing your quote.

Q. Where can I find a copy of the Policy Document or Policy Summary or your Terms of Business?

A. These documents are available throughout the quote process. Please feel free to contact us or complete our enquiry form if you would like us to send you a copy.

Q. How can I pay my premium?

A. You can pay for your Love Your Hut insurance by credit or debit card, cheque or from a UK bank account. You can also pay by instalments via our premium finance provider, Close Premium Finance (CPF). If you wish to pay by cheque or bank transfer please call us on +44 (0) 333 207 5644. Our office hours are 08:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. All other payment options are available and detailed during the online quote and buy process.

Q. How do I amend my policy?

A. If you have already purchased your Love Your Hut policy then please contact us if you need to make any changes.

If you are still at the quote stage then please select ‘Retrieve Quote’ on the right to amend the quotation.

If you contacted us for a quote over the phone, please contact us and we will make the amendment to your quotation.

Policy Cover Questions

Q. What does the Love Your Hut policy cover?

A. Love Your Hut is an all risks policy, covering you for such perils as storm, vandalism, fire, flood, accidental damage, inundation from the sea and subsidence. Love Your Hut also covers your liability as a hut owner, loss of rent or licence fee, liability for some watercraft, temporary liability for art or clerical-related business use. Love Your Hut also covers you for emergency travel to a large loss.

Q. What is the Policy Excess?

A. The standard policy excess is £nil.

Q. Do I have to have shutters fitted to my beach hut or chalet?

A. No, it is not a condition of your Love Your Hut policy, but we would advise you to make your sure that your hut is always locked and secured when left unattended. If you require any advice on the security of your hut please contact us.

Q. Am I covered if I rent out my beach hut or chalet?

A. Yes. Your Love Your Hut policy automatically includes cover whilst your hut is rented out. You are covered for pre-booked rent receivable and this is limited to 20% of the building sum insured and the Liability cover under your policy is extended to include this whilst the hut is rented out.

Q. Am I covered for Liability as owner and occupier of the beach hut or chalet?

A. Yes. In our experience local councils will request a minimum of £5m of cover is in place and your Love Your Hut policy provides this.

Q. Does my Love Your Hut policy cover liability for owning a Watercraft?

A. Yes, it does. You are covered for bodily injury and damage arising out of ownership of any watercraft, up to 12ft (3.65m) in length and not more than 15 years old, kept at the building(s).

Q. Can I extend my Love Your Hut policy to cover my Watercraft?

A. Yes, we can provide cover for Watercraft up to 12ft (3.65m) in length and not more than 15 years old kept at the building(s) for loss or damage whilst not in use.

Q. Does average apply to the policy?

A. No, average does not apply to the Love Your Hut policy and you will have no deduction from any claims settlement replacement or total loss. The sum insured should be the full value of the buildings and contents. The buildings should be sufficient to rebuild the property as new, including the cost of fees and VAT.

Q. Do I have to review my sum insured every two years?

A. No, it is not a condition of your policy. We would advise you to review the amount you insure your buildings and contents for at each renewal to check that the sum insured covers the rebuilding value of your hut or beach chalet and the contents you keep there. Please remember to include any professional fees, demolition, site clearance and fixtures and fittings, plus VAT, in your calculations.

Quote and Buy Questions

Q. Can I increase my contents cover?

A. Yes. We are happy to tailor the policy to your needs. Simply select the amount of cover you need on our online quote form.

Q. I don’t have any contents – can I just insure the buildings?

A. Yes. We are happy to tailor the policy to your needs. During the quote process you may select £0 as an option for contents cover.

Q. I know my sums insured, how do I get a quote?

A. Select ‘Quick Quote’ on the right for an easy estimate of the cost of your insurance. You may then proceed to a full quote. Our process is very simple and should take no more than a few minutes to complete.

We are unable to provide online quotes for beach chalets or shepherd’s huts so please contact us for a quote.

Q. I prefer to speak to someone about my insurance. How do I contact you?

A. We pride ourselves on our personal service and we have a dedicated team to help you. Please feel free to contact us or complete our enquiry form and a Consultant will contact you.

Beach Hut Association Questions

Q. I am a Member of a Beach Hut Owners’ Association, do I get a premium discount?

A. Yes. You will be asked for your association’s name and your membership number, during the quote process. Your quote will include your premium discount.

Q. There isn’t a Beach Hut Owners’ Association in my area. Can I start one?

A. Yes. We actively promote and work with associations. If you would like to discuss setting up an association, please contact us or complete our enquiry form.

Q. What are the benefits of joining or starting a Beach Hut Owners’ Association?

A. From our experience, associations not only provide a security watch but they are also dedicated to the well-being of the Hutter and their hut. Take a look at our Love Your Association Pages which provide further details.